Guidelines for Using Braxus Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for Braxus licensees, authorized resellers, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use Braxus’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the Braxus Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Braxus may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. Use of Braxus trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Braxus trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are an Braxus Authorized Reseller or member of an Braxus program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Braxus’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an Braxus trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Braxus is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Braxus’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Braxus’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Braxus trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Braxus trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Braxus. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your query to Braxus.
Authorized Use of Braxus Trademarks
Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials:
Only Braxus and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Braxus Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Braxus Logo only as specified in their agreement with Braxus and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Braxus (For example: Authorized Reseller, Authorized Value Added Reseller, Authorized Service Provider, Authorized Wholesaler).
Developers may use Braxus, or any other Braxus word mark (but not the Braxus Logo or other Braxus-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Braxus product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements:
- The Braxus word mark is not part of the product name.
- The Braxus word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.”
- The Braxus word mark appears less prominent than the product name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Braxus product.
- The reference to Braxus does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Braxus or Braxus products or services.
- The use does not show Braxus or its products in a false or derogatory light.
Publications, Seminars, and Conferences:
You may use a Braxus word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title.
- The use reflects favorably on both Braxus and Braxus products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Braxus word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The Braxus logo or any other Braxus-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Braxus.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Braxus, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Braxus Inc.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Braxus’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
Websites that serve only as non-commercial electronic informational forums concerning a Braxus product or technology may use the appropriate Braxus word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of Braxus Trademarks
Company, Product, or Service Name:
You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Braxus, or any other Braxus trademark, including Braxus-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
Braxus Logo and Braxus-owned Graphic Symbols:
You may not use the Braxus Logo or any other Braxus-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Braxus, such as a reseller agreement.
Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations:
You may not use an image of a real Braxus or other variation of the Braxus logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Braxus trademark for any purpose.
You may not use a Braxus trademark or any other Braxus-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
Endorsement or Sponsorship:
You may not use Braxus, or any other Braxus trademark, including Braxus-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Braxus’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Braxus, or any other Braxus trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Braxus.
Braxus’s Trade Dress:
You may not imitate the distinctive Braxus packaging, website design, logos, or typefaces.
Slogans and Taglines:
You may not use or imitate a Braxus slogan or tagline.
You may not use an identical or virtually identical Braxus trademark as a second level domain name.
Rules for Proper Use of Braxus Trademarks
- Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
- An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that.
- Always spell and capitalize Braxus’s trademarks exactly as “Braxus Trading Company.” Do not shorten or abbreviate Braxus product names. Do not make up names that contain Braxus trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
Distribution Within the United States Only
On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the Braxus trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
Include an attribution of Braxus’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of Braxus LLC
_________ and _______ are trademarks of Braxus LLC
Distribution Outside the United States:
Do not use trademark symbols on products, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed outside the United States.
Use one of the following international credit notices:
_________ is a trademark of Braxus LLC, registered in the U.S. and other countries.
_________ is a trademark of Braxus LLC
Depictions of Braxus Products
Endorsement or Sponsorship: Braxus does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of Braxus products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that Braxus endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of a Braxus product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the Braxus product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
- Your product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Braxus product.
- The image is an actual photograph of the genuine Braxus product and not an artist’s rendering (Note: You must obtain express written permission from Braxus before using any photograph owned or licensed by Braxus).
- The Braxus product is shown only in the best light, in a manner or context that reflects favorably on the Braxus products and on Braxus Inc.
- The reference to Braxus does not create a sense of endorsement or sponsorship by, or other false association with, Braxus or Braxus products.
For further information with respect to Braxus’s copyrights, please submit your request in writing to the email@example.com .